Good Morning and Happy Wednesday, everyone!
I’m writing this from a mini getaway in Boston, where I’m relaxing after last night’s phenomenal Bon Iver show at TD Garden (I’ll have the full recap up a little later on this week!)
Before Troy and I set off to enjoy the city for a little while longer and then eventually head back to the Pioneer Valley- I thought I’d share a quick, easy, delicious and Fall-appropriate dessert recipe I like to whip up this time of year when I have people over to watch football games, carve Jack-O-Lanterns, or just hang out and enjoy a horror movie marathon. If you love pecan pie as much as I do- these mini tarts are for you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- A pinch of salt
READY? HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- To Make Pastry: Cream butter or margarine and cream cheese together. Add flour and mix well.
- Roll mixture into balls, and place one ball in each cup of a mini tart pan. Use your fingers or a tart tamper to press into the shape of the crust.
- To Make Filling: Break the eggs, but do not beat. Add sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla and pecans. Mix well.
- Fill the tart shells- and bake at 350℉ for about 30 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Remove tarts from oven, let cool fully, and serve with your choice of toppings!
I can’t wait to make a big batch of these for Thanksgiving this year! They always go so quickly!
But I’m off to spend some time around the city I love the most! Enjoy your “Hump Day,” everyone!
– Ashley –